here we are again
Leaving your everyday life for a spell and then coming back is a funny thing. A good thing, but a funny one.
This is not a photo of today. Just as yesterday’s photo was not a photo of real sheep. We drove back to Wellington today. It wasn’t an aerial view. It was cold and I fell asleep accidentally on the final leg of our journey and then felt too lethargic to unpack the car, but did anyway.
Funny how the frenzy comes back to you, post holiday. I have started making lists, too long to be achievable but still not long enough to be satisfying. And now I’m hoping wafty soundtrack music will send me the way of the sandman. One dead leg. One over-the-moon cat clambering all over me. More washing than a laundromat. Other cat buried in a clean pile of bed linen. Here we are again.
Filed under: daytoday, New Zealand landscapes, perspective | Leave a Comment
Tags: altitude, diary, flying, New Zealand landscapes, views
altitude animals apparitions art Bermuda birds black and white books caring cats clutter collecting comics dark diary distance dorothy doldrumatic dreams drugs dying eternal youth every day family Film flying found stuff Frankie haiku happiness imagination light love makeshift art mental arithmetic moon Morrissey movement music musical trivia New Zealand landscapes night online overthinking photo essays photos poetry postcards private public purpose of blogs questions rain rituals road trip scenery screens seasons sightseeing sleep solipsism spring taxidermy technology things I like travel trinkets views visitations weariness where the wild things are windows wishful thinking worried shoes worry dolls writing
katyink on flickr
- RT @MicrosoftNZ: @TeamIntergen has performed magnificently in all aspects of Modern Marketing congratulations on the win #NZPartnerAwards h… 2 weeks ago
- @mspartnernz @TeamIntergen Thanks Microsoft! Intergen Marketing team feeling pretty chuffed right now. 2 weeks ago
- RT @mspartnernz: Well done to @TeamIntergen for winning the Modern Marketing partner award #DigitalTransformation #nzpartnerawards 2 weeks ago
- RT @ProfFeynman: I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. https://t.co/f6faTkahgZ 1 month ago
- @freitasm sorry I missed that. 1 month ago